Here is a really nifty add-in that I recently found (free for personal use, one-time fee for businesses). It’s called ASAP Utilities.
Some examples of important features in the add-in:
- Cell selection based on content, formatting, etc [examples: select all cells between 50 and 250 or all bold cells or all red cells]
- Advanced sorting [examples: font color, bold, formula, text length, etc]
- Apply formula/calc to selections [example: add “/24” to the end of all formulas, or change formulas in bulk, copying formulas without moving references]
- Easily export/import files [Excel, TXT, database, web, create CSV and delimited files]
- Vision Control [allows for bulk editing of formatting across entire workbook]
- 20+ Additional Excel functions/formulas
I recommend giving it a spin; it has loads of interesting/useful features and can be especially useful for beginners since it has an easy interface.
Please leave a comment to let me know of any specific sections of the lesson plan that you’re looking forward to. I appreciate your patience with the videos!