What’s new in Excel 2013!
Microsoft has made it possible for anyone who’d like to check out Excel 2013 (included with the full Office 2013) through their Excel 2013 pre-release trial here.
UPDATE 2/20: Now they have the Office 365 full version for a one month trial!
I’d recommend downloading the Excel 2013 example file I go over in the video, but the majority of the information is included in these two links (if you are unable to download the Excel trial):
The video lesson shows some of the great new features in Excel 2013 including:
- Quick overview of appearance, template, and file menu changes [00:13]
- The new Flash Fill functionality [02:01]
- Quick-Analysis features including charts, tables, totals, formatting and sparklines [03:06]
- New charting features like Recommended Charts, and chart editing options [05:02]
- In-depth examples of the following new functions [08:10]:
DAYS – ENCODEURL – FORMULATEXT – IFNA – ISFORMULA
ISOWEEKNUM – NUMBERVALUE – SHEET – SHEETS
- Example workbook includes Pivot data and tables already created and setup for trying out the new Excel Data Model that allows for multi-table Pivot Tables.
If you like what you’ve seen so far in Excel 2013, you should check out my Excel Data Model functionality tutorial.