Free Online Excel Training Course!
This free online Excel class was created with the goal of helping you learn Microsoft Excel. In these video tutorials I teach how to use Microsoft Excel 2010 specifically, but most of the information is applicable to previous versions as well.
Update 11-3-2017: The winner for the Logitech Keyboard Giveaway was selected today, and informed via email. Thanks to everyone who entered and all the kind words!
I’d recommend checking out the Lesson Guide which lists the lessons in the ideal order for viewing, especially if you plan on going through the course start to finish.
These lessons are intended for everyone to use, so while I would like to add more jokes and make it a little more fun, I have to make the lessons accessible to non-native English speakers. Feel free to reach out to me with questions or suggestions via the contact page!
Before watching the videos, make sure to download the Master Workbook to follow along!
Newest Lesson: Introduction to Power Pivot (8/28/2017)
Workbook & Reference – Video Lessons
- Beginner’s Introduction to Excel
- Basic Formatting Techniques
- Conditional Formatting
- Naming Ranges and Cells
- Auto-Filter and Advanced Data Filtering
- Introduction to Pivot Tables
- Advanced Pivot Tables – Round 1
- Advanced Pivot Tables – Round 2
- Creating and Designing Charts (including Sparklines)
- Data Validation with In-Cell Drop-Down List
- Formula Auditing & Formula Evaluation
- Five Powerful Excel Tips
- Error Checking and Data Monitoring
- Protecting and Hiding Information and Formulas
- Excel 2013: Data Model Tutorial
Function & Formula – Video Lessons
- Math & Statistical Functions (e.g. SUM, AVERAGE)
- Lookup & Reference Functions (e.g. VLOOKUP, MATCH)
- Advanced VLOOKUP Examples
- Advanced INDEX & MATCH Lookup Examples
- Date & Time Functions (e.g. TODAY, MONTH)
- Text Functions (e.g. LEN, CONCATENATE)
- Logical Functions (e.g. IF, AND)
- Information Functions (e.g. CELL, ISNUMBER)
- Excel 2013: Real World Examples of New Functions
- Excel 2016: IFS Function
Macros / VBA – Video Lessons
- Introduction to Macros & VBA programming
- Learn by Doing: Intro to VBA via Adding Charts Example
- VBA Macro Walkthrough #1: Purchase Order Generator
- VBA Macro Walkthrough #2: Message Encoder & Decoder
- VBA Important Tips
Excel Tutorials, Tricks & Quick Tips (Non-Video Lessons)
- Introduction to Power Pivot
- Excel Shortcuts Cheat Sheet (Infographic)
- Introduction to Tables
- What-If Analysis
- Grouping and Ungrouping Rows / Columns
- Alternative to Merged Cells and How to Remove Gridlines
- Extract List From Data With Duplicate Values Removed
- Excel Book and Website Recommendation Links
Function Related Lessons (Planned Lessons)
- How to Write Complex Custom Formulas Using Multiple (i.e. nested) Functions
- Microsoft Excel Help
Workbook & Reference Related Lessons (Planned Lessons)
- Protecting and Hiding Information & Formulas
- Advice on Setting Up Models, Worksheets, and Intelligent Data Structure
- What-If Analysis (Data Table, Goal Seek, etc) and the Solver Add-In
- Setting Up Useful Templates to Help Automate Work
- Additional Functionality & Advanced Usage of Pivot Tables
- Presentation Options For Data / Information
- Copying / Pasting Functionality (values, transpose, formatting, constants, links, etc.)
- Introduction to PowerPivot
Job Industry Specific (Planned Lessons)
- Financial Planning & Analysis – Techniques for Budgeting (This may be a multi-part lesson as it will go through the entire budgeting process using a fictional business).
- Accounting – Useful Excel Adding Sheet I made to assist with ticking, tying, footing, and more during my Public Accounting days.
- Financial Reporting and Performance Dashboards
Macros / VBA Lessons (Planned Lessons)
- Additional Macro Walkthroughs and Advanced Training in VBA Programming
- Creating User Defined Functions in Excel
- Creating your own personal Macro Workbook that you can use on any active workbook.